Sunday, February 18, 2007

Murder Mystery Fun

For a change of pace this weekend, I had recently accepted an invitation by my friends Ashley and Jim (they of the great cooking and parties) to go out of town to Winnsboro, SC - a small mill town (i.e. essentially it was built because of a mill) in the vicinity of Colombia - the capital of South Carolina state. This was just for one night - so not too long but still enough time to feel like you've gotten away - and was at a B & B that they had visited a few times. The occasion was for for a murder mystery evening - you know the kind, where everyone in attendance assumes a character and has to act out events in the aftermath of a murder, whereby things are revealed gradually as the game and rounds progresses. Having been to a smaller one of these at Ashley and Jim's place some time ago (I remember mentioning it on here), it sounded like it would be fun so I had jumped at the chance.

The place itself (Winnsboro) is very quiet and pleasant - some nice scenery and a train line running through (I almost had a shock when I heard a train passing by; it's not a common sound over here). The B & B was very nice and old style with very high ceilings and nice decor. The food was nice enough (the package was $72 - about 36 pounds and that include dinner, breakfast, accomodation, and some wine and cheese nibbles prior to the game as well). The game was very entertaining (my character wasn't too much of a stretch being the only Englishman there) and, this time, I wasn't the murderer although I was quite proud of myself for guessing who was and partly getting the motive and manner in which it was done (it was a very complicated plot). Fun all round was had, and on returning to Charleston I felt somewhat refreshed from having gotten away for a bit.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home