Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cold(s)

It has to be said that my Dad certainly picked the right time of the winter months to make his visit to Charleston. When he was here, the weather was undeniably pleasant. Whilst perhaps not as warm as the last January (which, as I recall, was unseasonably so), the sun shone and the sky was clear and, on the whole, it was pretty damn nice - apart from his last day or so here where it rained a bit, but that's bye-the-bye. Fast forward over the next three weeks and we're still stuck in the middle of a cold snap that, to be frank, is beginning to get on my nerves! Okay, so being from the UK, you'd expect that i'd be used to that sort of weather but after 20 months here (nearly) can you blame me if my body has adapted?? Suffice to say, with my early morning going into work, i've been wearing a good many layers I can tell you (four the other day) and have taken to carrying a travel mug of coffee in with me as well (partly to help keep my hands warm!).

Of course, my sensitivity to the cold hasn't been helped by the fact that i've had a cold for pretty much the time since my Dad left - and i have to say that i'm blaming him wholeheartedly for the fact. I suspect that he bought some robust British virus overseas with him or, at least, caught something on the plane (I always seem to end up getting a cold after flying - i'm waiting for the day where i get my revenge and get to give everyone else on the plane my cold instead!). Suffice to say wherever it came from, it ended up being passed on to be, and i've felt lousy for the last few weeks (as i may have mentioned earlier). Still, this week (at last!) it feels like the light may be at the end of the tunnel. My nose has stopped running or being clogged up (or both!) and my voice now sounds less like my vocal chords have been scrubbed clean with sandpaper, and more like my normal dulcet tones (who's sniggering at the back!). I just hope that i don't have a relapse. Now where did i put that vitamin C?

1 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Christopher, you know what they say over here in the UK, "share and share alike".Pleased your feeling better.Dad XX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home