Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wanderings

Well, it has to be said that since my Dad arrived in town, we've done a fair amount of walking about. The day after his arrival, we went driving off to various points in and around Charleston and did a good deal of strolling - along the beach; round the malls (looking for a digital camera for him, and trainers for me) and around town. The other day we went for an evening stroll that turned into an evening three and a half mile walk. Suffice to say, SOMEONE'S grumbling about it (and it isn't me!). The next day, we went off to the Isle of Palms beach and then up over the Ravenel bridge and back - as you can see from the photo.



Today, we made it down to Savannah, Georgia (for my second time there) and in a dramatic break, we got a bus tour round the city. However, after that we resumed strolling down the river front and around a good number of the squares before we headed back up to South Carolina. Of course, my Dad has been doing a good deal more than I - when i've had to go to work, he's been content to stroll around town on various routes. But then i am doing lots of running for the 10K Bridge Run so i reckon it evens out. Anyway, I have to say that it reminded me how nice it is to walk - something that I, perhaps, have been neglecting to do from time to time. I think I may have just formed a belated New Year's Resolution!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home