Friday, August 25, 2006

Flooded. Again.

Of course, it's Sod's law that no sooner do i mention that the heat and humidity here has been taking some getting used to again, when compared to that of the UK, then the weather has to go and prove me wrong. Thus, having decided to come in early to work (so i could get experiments done before lab meeting), i then was somewhat dismayed to watch as it proceeded to absolutely chuck it down for a good stretch of time. That it was high tide at the time as well didn't really help. So, before you could say 'Knee-length Wellington boots', the water was collecting and the roads that i could see (and a good few i couldn't) were turned into rivers. Thankfully, the rain eventually stopped and by the time it got to hometime, low tide had been and gone, and taken some of the water with it. But then this didn't save me from having to hoist up my jeans and wade into my house that evening. And being the ever vigilant photographer, i got a couple of quick snaps for you all to peruse.



Look Right - a shot of my street.



Look Left - just outside my front steps. Notice the ripples caused by me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home