Saturday, August 19, 2006

Day 23: Journey's End

So, the last three weeks (as you'd expect) has absolutely flown by and so i find myself once again at Philadelphia Airport waiting for my connecting flight back to Charleston. Typically, what with extra security and all that at Manchester, my flight wa sa couple of hours late taking off - but for once in the broad scheme of things this has left me better off. As i missed my connecting flight to Charleston via Charlotte (North Carolina), i've been rebooked onto another flight going direct to Charleston instead. Funny how things work out eh? The transatlantic flight itself was rather uneventful - the extra security checks were no real hassle at Manchester, just that they took a bit more time than usual (especially the ones at the gate - they search you and your bags when you're literally about to board the plane). In the long run, anyhow, i think that anyone who complains about it are just crazy anyway - i'd much rather have to take a bit of extra time out of my day if it meant that little bit more security.

Anyway, i've been reflecting on the past few weeks - it's been something of a whirlwind when i think about it - but I got to see virtually everyone that i wanted to see (there were a couple of exceptions). I also have to admit that it was quite a wrench leaving the UK again - particularly as i'm not going to be back there again for a little over a year now. Still, i think i'll be fine once i settle back down into routine again. And with that, i think my connection is going to be called in the next few minutes. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for a smattering of photos from my UK excursion. Just one thing left to say: Aunty Essie - loved the gin!!

2 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the gin Christopher but have had to replace my supplies to get me thru the day

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Chris Clarke said...

Glad to see you got the comments working, Auntie Essie! If i'd known, i would have bought some Bombay Sapphire duty free for you on the way into the country. Oh well. Next time, maybe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home