Monday, August 14, 2006

Days 15-18: Hopping

So, after the two relatively relaxing weeks with my parents, came the week of mad travelling about the place. From Scarborough, it was first to Leeds and a (rather) fun night out with a couple of PhD friends (Danielle and Steve) and some friends from back home (Andy and Rob - he of the Robstock). Was I hungover the next morning? Is the Pope Catholic?

From there, it was over to Rawenstall, Lancashire (just north of Bury) and to the wedding of a college friend Emma - and, even better for me, a reunion with all my college friends. Suffice to say a fantastic time was had - we ate and drank, and gossiped, and reminisced and country danced, and boogied. I may have unintentionally caused a stir by dancing to 'It's Raining Men' but i just couldn't resist. It was really nice to see the college gang again - when i think about it i've known them all for at least 10 years now and in a couple of cases even longer. That's the sort of friendship that you can't buy!

From Bury it was back to West Yorkshire and Huddersfield - for a roast dinner and an evening with Danielle and Steve (great food and great company) - we gossiped, watched Dr Who, laughed, watched 'Love, Actually' (I'd resisted for a long time on the understanding that it was rather too sickly) and enjoyed it quite a bit. And today it's from Huddersfield to Hemel Hempstead - and my brother's house - where my Dad and he are currently attempting to put up a new fence. I say attempting - it's actually quite entertaining. Of course, i could offer to help but i do rather enjoy watching them work instead. So with one more hop to make - back to Manchester for three nights on Wednesday, my UK sojourn is approaching the home straight.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aah but did you manage to fit in a "Knees up Mother Brown ".....
Soak it all in lad, it's what will keep you close, until you return once more.
Cheers,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home