Monday, July 31, 2006

Day 4: Catching Up

Having been up in the North-East for a couple of days now, aside from spending some time with my Dad, i've been largely doing a lot of catching up with relatives and friends. Today, I spent the afternoon in York - a short way down the road - with a couple of friends from university (when I did my PhD) and it was very pleasant indeed. It's always nice when you meet friends who you can slip back into each other's company with ease. Paul and Joanna haven't changed a lot and it was like old times again. They say that i haven't changed much either although, rather distressingly, they say that i occasionally had a slight American twang in my voice. I sincerely hope not (having said that, others say differently).

Of course, the travel has also been catching up with me (like how i did the double duty title?). From past experience, i have always found it harder travelling East - losing a few hours instead of gaining them, and it has had some effect over the past few days. Yesterday evening, i was feeling very tired but despite going to bed, i couldn't get to sleep at all and eventually dropped off about 2.00am I reckon. Hopefully it won't be the case tonight. Thankfully, being on holiday, i have plenty of time to relax - and plenty more friends to visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home