Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Flooded (Part 2)

It seems that there's something about Wednesdays in Charleston at the moment - last week, i was treated to the first really bad downpour since my arrival (enough to flood a lot of downtown) and this was certainly not helped by its coincidence with high tide. Imagine my dismay, then, when i looked out of the window at work this afternoon to a thunderstorm that, admittedly, was impressive (forked lightning galore!) but automatically made me realise that i'd probably be wading home again. Fortunately, this time, it lined up with the approach of low tide and, as a result, any wading was kept to a minimum (a couple of metres from my steps, i had to remove socks and shoes). As I sit now, in the relative comfort of my apartment, i am fervently hoping that the rain stops (its the kind of rain that you can't see but gets you very wet) and that the waters can go down by the morning (there's no way in hell i'll miss work tomorrow as its free breakfast day!). So as you read this, think of me twiddling my thumbs and staring out the window. And heres a couple of pics to help! Remember, this is only half as bad as what it was last week.




1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use house is like desperate housewives. I love your porch =)

You just need to find a sexy gardener now. Hee Hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home