Thursday, May 11, 2006

Beaches

The combined effects of having access to a car and having a (slightly energetic/crazy) dog to walk meant that, this week, i thought it might be a good time to take a trip out to one of the beaches in the vicinity and let Wahine (Hawaiian for 'little girl' by the way) stretch her legs a bit there - so to speak, as the beach rules dictate that dogs are kept on a leash the whole time. Anyway, yesterday evening, I hopped in the car early evening and headed off to Folly Beach - a short drive away (about 10-15 minutes). Whilst the weather was warm, there weren't huge numbers of people about and so I managed to park quite close to the sea - and off we went. Perhaps what is more surprising is that this is actually the first time i've been to the beach since i got here last June (I blame both the lack of access to a car, and the fact that i have no suitable beachwear - a fact i am hoping to change this coming weekend). Anyway, i also had my camera handy and took a couple of snaps for posterity. Enjoy.





3 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm.....looks like Southend Beach to me. Are you sure you are in the states?????

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Chris Clarke said...

I can assure you that it wasn't Southend - for one thing it was actually warm. And for another thing - these was a distinct lack of Essex girls.

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Blackpool Pier to me, send me a piece of rock will you ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home