Monday, October 17, 2005

Project Management

Having now well and truly settled into life both in and out of work, it's perhaps no real surprise that i'm pretty busy in the former (but at least have time to have some fun in the latter). Having started off with two main projects when i got here (of the five initial outlines that i wrote), this has now recently expanded into four. This is, in part, due to circumstances beyond my control - one of the new projects i have is a continuation of work done prior to me coming here and was meant to be picked up by a returning member of staff who is no longer coming - but is also, i think (or at least I hope) because my boss thinks i can cope with the workload.

Thus, work is now something of a juggling act keeping four balls up in the air at once and making sure that they all get a good throw from time to time to keep everything else moving. Whilst the balancing of the these four projects can make me feel like i'm leading two lives, neither of them particularly well, so long as i can keep them moving, then the ultimate benefactor will be me. In a word, publications. Fortunately, for me, the experimental work required within these porjects is very much along the usual lines - add this, wait, add that, wait, add the other, wait. So, fear not, as my head hasn't quite exploded yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home