Sunday, October 02, 2005

Yes, sir! I Can Boogie!!

After the exertions of yesterday afternoon, i'm sure I would've been forgiven if i'd gone home and quietly curled up in a corner for the rest of the evening but no such luck there. After a brief trip to the lab, there was enough time for me to shower and get dressed up to head out on the town again. The destination: Toucan Reef - a smart bar on the far side of the Pensinsula adjacent to the Aquarium and IMAX cinema (and with a great view of the Bridge across the Cooper River). The occasion: to celebrate the marriage of Sylvia (a workmate) and Angel - both from Argentina. Anyway, this afforded me the oppotunity to dust off my dance shoes and practice some of the moves i learnt a few weeks back - y'see it was a Salsa/Merengue music evening.

So, having practiced my steps a few times before i left, i arrived to find some people on the dancefloor already - and was immediately put off from joining them - because they were so bloody good!! Still, not to be swayed, I decided to partake of some dutch courage (aka Jack Daniels and coke - about 5) and then, at least, got in a couple of dances. My general thoughts are that it doesn't really matter how good you are, so long as you give it some effort and enjoy yourself. I, at least, managed to get through the couple of dances i had leaving my dance partners shoes and feet unscathed. So, after lots of sports and some dancing - was it any surprise that I REALLY didn't want to get out of bed this morning!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home