Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Feels like Monday

I'm sure most people have had those kind of days where everything that you do seems to go badly wrong - or just basically not right. Hell, i'm sure somebody somewhere will have had entire YEARS like that. For me, these days are usually Monday - with the weekend fresh in the memory, and a whole week ahead, it just naturally lends itself to the string of disasters that can happen. Well, today, being the first 'proper' day back since the long weekend (cause, you know, i've had so many days off :-) ) meant that it was going to be just like Monday. And then some.

As I type this, i'm sat in a local coffee shop (Port City Java - excellent coffee!) having basically run away from the lab early. Why? Basically, everything i touched seemed to either break, disintegrate or just give up. I can't really complain - i've had a good long string of work where everything has been going well, results have been slowly coming together and i've been able to make some (reasonably) good conclusions. The balance of things in the universe suggested that one day sooner or later, i was gonna have one of those bad bad days to tip the balance. All that remains for me to do now is pray that this is the ONLY one for the moment - i don't think my body could quite handle the caffeine day in and day out!!

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I had years like that...it was called my PhD. Have just got back from Egypt and will mail you soon but I am catching up with all your blog posting. Thanks for report on fashion sense.

Take Care
Kelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home