Thursday, May 08, 2008

Cash Back

So, after a couple of weeks of impatient drumming of fingers, and clicking of my tongue, i was very happy to realise that my bonus tax rebate, courtesy of the "Economic Stimulus" package had arrived (I use inverted commas as i'm not sure if it's going to have any effect the way that the economy over here is right now). Having had my tax refund paid directly into my account before, the same method was used making my life a little easier. Amusingly, the next day I received a letter from the IRS telling me that my stimulus package was being processed and should be with me soon. In some way, it's reassuring to know that parts of the administration still function as slow as always.

Anyways, having the cash in hand, so to speak, i have been umming and ahhing about what to do with it. The news reports that the vast majority of people are likely to use it to pay off credit cards, bills and other such constants of life (at least over here). Everyone is pretty much feeling the pinch (as i noted a few posts ago). Fortunately for me, my good money sense (thanks Dad!) and general Yorkshire-bred thriftiness has left me in good standing financially (that and the fact that my only dependent is a cat). Thus, i feel that in the spirit of the stimulus package that it is my patriotic duty as an alien in America to spend (some of) the money given back to me. New clothes anyone???

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should consider treating your little moggie to something furry and tasty....
>^..^<

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Chris Clarke said...

Josephine, i think you're right. It is going to be his second birthday soon....

Btw, welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home