Sunday, March 30, 2008

Party Like Its 1999

They say the life of a scientist is hard. Lots of experiments to do (and a lot of repeating of said experiments), lots of time in the lab, and when you're not doing bench work, it's all papers, papers, papers. I certainly can feel that sometimes - but then i sincerely love the job i do, so i don't mind. Of late, however, it's been something of a different kettle of fish, with me (and indeed my colleagues at work) being in attendance at a good number of parties in the last few weeks - and certainly with a handful more to come in the next few approaching weeks. Hey, i'm not complaining!

This weekend was double whammy of a house-warming party for my german workmate Nana - out on Folly Beach and in a very nice secluded, gorgeously quiet area. With stunning views of the sunset. And a short walk to the beach. Suffice to say, i threatened to move in and supplant Nana or one of her two housemates. There was a LOT of good food (Nana's housemates are Italian and French, and my goodness can they cook). There was a lot of good wine (and i took some good beer to make up for any other stuff they had. The night was fun indeed. This was followed Saturday with an MUSC social event - with vietnamese food (yum, yum, yum!) and some free drink as well. Suffice to say, a lot of fun was had their as well. I even ended up with some of the left over beer to take home (although it was Corona and Bud Light so it's still in my fridge). Needless to say, i relaxed a lot on Sunday. Hey, it's a hard life I know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home