Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Visitors

Okay, so i confess that i got a bit sidetracked of late. This post was meant to be about the fact that my brother and sister-in-law were coming to visit, and were soon to be arriving (I intended to write this post on the day before they got here). Alas, as is the way, i got distracted by tidying up, Spanish classes and a rather attention seeking cat. Thus, before i knew it, they were actually here and i got completely swept up and occupied indulging in touristy stuff with them, and staying at friends' houses so they could stay in my apartment downtown.

Apologies all round.

Anyways, now that Andy (brother) and Wendy (sis-in-law) have come, seen, and gone (as opposed to conquered), there isn't really much to say about it all. I enjoyed having them here, and showing them of the sights. I hope they did too - they certainly had good weather to do it (only one really off day as i recall) and much eating and drinking was done all around (i'm still vaguely recovering from it). Now i've settled back down into home and work again, it's a bit blah right now - 'cause it's slow going for now (things should be back up to speed soon). Still, their visit made me realise that i need to take a little more time for myself, rather than just work, exercise and more work. Hopefully i'll be able to keep this up in the future.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got visitors too! Well, I have visitor, as Rachel is hardly plural. Although her intake of glasses of wine clearly is. Emma is coming over for sunday lunch tomorrow (roast happy chicken). Rachel survived coming to my band's concert tonight, and is surprised how much she enjoyed it. We miss you!

love,

D&R (& Bethan from her bed).

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We certainly did have a great time and you will pleased to know its been raining in the UK since we got back!!!!

Sob!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home