Friday, September 22, 2006

The Visitor

Today is an exciting day for me - at last, my first visitor from the UK is finally making it here to Charleston; my college friend Rachel, no less - someone i have known for over 11 years now. Having had all major stuff out of way at work, and having some holiday owing, Rachel took the chance to have a long break and flew into Wsahington DC last Saturday. Having spent a few days there and then a couple in Richmond, Virginia, she will be arriving here in Charleston at some point this evening (hopefully around 7pm assuming that the train isn't majorly late). Having worked extra hard to tidy my apartment and arrange my experiments (well, my cells actually got contaminated so i had to throw out and start again), it means i have a reasonable amount of time to stay out of the lab and spend with Rachel whilst she's here. Naturally, i have a list of touristy things that i am interested in doing - and have been waiting for someone to come so I CAN do and not feel embarassed. So im sure i will get as much out of it as her. Anyhow, i have to sign off now and get ready to go and pick Rachel up at the Amtrak Station in North Charleston. Look for some touristy posts in the next day or two. Oh, and for a picture of Rachel, go back to my 'Photos from a Small Island 3' post and look around there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home