Thursday, September 28, 2006

Lab Meeting Number 2

What with being here in the US for 15 months now, it was going to be time for my second lab meeting to come around (the first, as some may recall, was way back in March - I say 'way back' as, in science terms, six months is a very long time). Anyway, sure enough, i had been scheduled for my second meeting at the end of September - the 28th to be exact - and, in a fit of organisation, had actually started putting my lab meeting together whilst on a couple of train journeys in the UK. In August. Anyway, this paid off dividends as my meeting presentation (everything is Powerpoint these days) was pretty much finished and ready before Rachel arrived meaning that i felt very little guilt about skipping off to do lots of sight seeing this past week.

Anyhow, the day arrived this Thursday and, as is usual for me, i was feeling somewhat jumpy and nervous - despite the uninformal air and setting, as well as the fact that i know all the people in the audience. This usually carries on until about 10 minutes into the talk when i actually tend to realise that i DO know what i'm talking about, and then it's pretty much plain sailing for the rest of it. Thankfully, the presentation and discussion went well, my boss and i had a very good tete-a-tete afterwards, and i feel like i've got some good direction for the next few months. Now it's just a countdown to my next lab meeting which, i suspect, will be around the end of April next year. Seven months and counting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home