Monday, April 10, 2006

High and Mighty Part 2

Having had the delights of traipsing round numerous shops last weekend, i finally managed to locate somewhere that might actually have a pair of trousers in my size - a shop named Big and Tall - with the only snag being that it was located in North Charleston - a short drive away (20 minutes - short by American standards) - but an absolute marathon for someone without a car. Suffice to say, one of my colleagues offered to give me a ride out there this evening to have a look - only to find i was disappointed once again. Y'see, it appears that the name is wholly appropriate for this store - in that you not only have to be Tall but also Big as well. Whilst they had plenty of trousers of 36 inch length, the smallest waist available was 38" - which, to be frank, would be a bit loose on me - sort of flapping-around-the-ankles loose. Still, i guess you can't sue Big and Tall for breach of Trade Description.

Almost at the end of my tether, my colleague suggested going over the road to Northwood Mall - where there were a few potential department stores. Lo and behold, in a couple of these, i managed to find some 36 inch length jeans - great, but not exactly what you'd wear if you wanted to be smart (although i did go back and get some later). Anyway, FINALLY, i managed to get three pairs of trousers long enough at a store - S and K Menswear. The only downside is I have to hem them myself (take up the bottom of the leg a little - there was PLENTY of room). Now where did i put my sewing kit??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home