Saturday, April 08, 2006

High and Mighty

What with going away next week, i decided that it was high time i went shopping to buy myself a few new bits and pieces - primarily hunting for new trousers given that the only smart pair that came with me (although i would swear i brought more) were beginning to wear a bit thin at the knee (haven't a clue how this happened either). As you can imagine, this is no easy thing - given my ridiculously long legs (thanks Mum!!) but it had begun to get easier in recent years with a few stores beginning to realise that there are actually tall people exist - at least in the UK - so i was hopeful. Is it any surprise that my hopes were shattered???

Of course, not having a car meant that i had to go purely downtown - but there are a few decent shops. However, as seems to be the norm these days, it's all 30, 32 and 34 inch leg - and that's about it. What was even more annoying is that all the stores i went into DO have longer sizes but they're all online - and you have to order them yourself or get them to do it for you - so quite what they expect people to do if they need them in the next few days, i really can't say. I even had some assistants offering me pairs of trousers and saying that they will take the turn-ups down for me - somewhat like my mother used to do when i was a bit younger (and before all the longer stuff came out) - I politely declined. I just think that, in this day and age, when the average height is slowly increasing, the stores in one of the major clothes retailing industries in the world, would actually want to capitalise on it. Guess not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home