Saturday, March 25, 2006

Be Careful What You Write

Having been posting to this blog for nine months now, its existence at work has now become widely known - and, indeed, i believe a few of my workmates check out what i write from time to time, I suspect to double-check that i'm not saying anything untoward about them (as if i'd do that on here! I'd do that on my other top-secret blog!!). Anyway, a week or two back, one of these workmates pointed out an interesting article in USA Today (a national newspaper) about Blogging and such in general. Y'see, it turns out that a lot of companies these days are checking out potential employees on the internet, looking for blogs or for profiles on things such as MySpace.com.

The article also told of a case somewhere in the US (I forget the state - i believe it was in New England though) of a student at a Christian college. He had a profile on MySpace.com, or a blog page (again, i forget which - i should've kept hold of the article) on which he expressed some views on the rather intolerant attitudes of his college to certain things. Suffice to say, the college somehow found out and, not too happy, expelled the student - although you have to say that posting such view against his own college wasn't the brightest things to do. Anyway, it made me wonder if at some point in the future, a prospective employer might look at my blog page. I think i'm okay - my views and opinions aren't TOO extreme. And if so, i'll just deny everything!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home