Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Going round in circles...

So imagine it's a Tuesday lunchtime and i'm, frankly, ravenous after having a ridiculously early breakfast and not being able to squeeze in my usual mid-morning snack owing to experiments (rather inconveniently) getting in the way. Having made my way over to a cafe on the other side of campus, only to find a large queue, i decided to head into the hospital and get a sandwich there instead. Anything for food. I approached the revolving door (rather narrow one at that) and followed someone else in close behind. Lo and behold, what should happen but the person in front of me met someone he knew coming the other way and then promptly STOPPED right in front of the exit meaning i couldn't get out. Not a problem, you would imagine, if the revolving door wasn't automatic. With the door rapidly coming up behind me, i cleared my throat only for him to give me a blank look, whereupon the door had almost hit me so i had to go around again. With the man in question looking at me all the more blankly. And yet STILL not moving from the spot.

At this point, i had had enough (i think it's a good job i didn't have to go around again or there may have been murder at hand). When it came round to the exit again and he was still merrily chatting away without a regard to his surroundings, i just walked straight through the pair of them. What made it all the more staggering was the snatch of 'some people are so rude!' that i heard him say to his friend. I felt like turning around and replying with 'And some people are just so idiotic as to block the exit to a revolving door'. Suffice to say, he didn't find me at the best of times. But then some people are just completely oblivious to anything that's going on around them.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha!

Me and Wend were in stitches when we read this!!!

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you kidding,you were playing Superman really,I laughed for ages after reading it.
Dad x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home