Saturday, June 24, 2006

Chez Moi

Having never really had a house-warming party after i moved into my apartment last year, I decided that the time had finally come for me to invite some workmates round for drinks, snacks and general merry-making. In addition, I would be making cocktails for everyone - and had even gone to the trouble of preparing a cocktail menu in advance. Although i had managed to hang on to an old shirt from my bar job (the one i had as I was writing up my thesis), i decided not to wear it - largely as I was host and so had to look smart (sorry, Brannigans, but the uniform wasn't great) and also as the shirt in question was one that was especially for the Christmas period - and so was rather inappropriately festive. Anyway, the spirits had been bought and were all lined up on my shelves and waiting.

Having spent a good few days generally tidying around my apartment and also deciding how I would fit everyone in (I invited 16 people and, all came), I had to do a bit of furniture rearranging - as well as some food preparation (I had asked people to bring dishes if they wished, but it wasn't a pre-requisite). Anyway, people began to arrive from about 8.00 onwards and the party continued till about 12.30. My fears were unfounded - everybody was quite comfortable and there was plenty of space - my bed doubled up as seating, and four people managed to sit easily on the fouton. The food was good, the drinks were better (everyone was impressed by my cocktail making) and much fun was had. Thankfully, my landlord had told me earlier that his son was away at his grandparents at the moment and had invited us to raise the roof - so the noise wasn't a problem. After all the concern, the party was a great success - I shall have to do it more often!! Photos will be coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home