Sunday, July 24, 2005

Party Time (Part 2)

Ok, so one thing is absolutely certain after last night. Ashley and Jim can throw a hell of a party!!! As you can probably guess from this, a good time was had by all. Having arrived fashionably late (unintentionally, i should add - as the friends giving me a ride got lost on the way to my apartment), it was very easy to get into the party mood. There was plenty of beer (including some Newcastle Brown Ale, Theakston's, Sam Smiths and Guinness too) so my first aim of getting a lot of people to try British (and Irish) was easily fulfilled (until i got tired of giving it away and started drinking it all myself, of course). The food on show was fantastic - some absolutely gorgeous lamb (cooked perfectly - just pink round the edges) was the outright winner for me. And of course some great desserts too (all made by Ashley and Jim themselves. I think i have some stiff competition on the baking front!). Naturally, i indulged my sweet tooth (who wouldn't) using it as an excuse for me to start at the gym next week (and i have joined one now!). And then there was the entertainment - in the imposing form of a bouncy castle.

Now it might not seem like the best idea to have a bit to drink, lots to eat and then go jumping about but we all threw caution to the wind and went for it anyway - and was it fun!! Fortunately, the castle roof was also soft otherwise i would have probably been seriously concussed within moments. I have to say it's amazing how tiring jumping up and down can be. After five minutes, most of the adults there were lying on the floor taking deep breaths (including me i should add) whereas the kids were quite happy to keep on jumping. Maybe it was the southern heat or something, but it never seemed to be that much hard work before. Either that or I'm just getting old. What more is there to be said? I managed to get a couple of people dancing to "Tragedy" which, considering we didn't play it till after 12.00, i was very pleased with. And the hangover this morning? What hangover! So, guys...when's the next party?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home