Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Beginning

Greetings to everyone!

So, welcome to my blog page and my very first blog entry. This is my own little dedicated space of the internet where i will, over the coming months, be posting a number of my thoughts, feelings and generally crazed rantings about everything and anything that takes my fancy. So, i guess the question you'd ask is - why start now?

The reason for this is pretty simple enough and was bought about by a major change in my life - probably the biggest change to date - namely, the fact that i'm leaving the familiar behind i.e. the UK and shifting over to the other side of the Atlantic for at least a year (hopefully longer). Establishing an online journal has the benefits of keeping all my friends informed of what's happening without me having to e-mail them all (not that i'm lazy, just that i'll be working pretty hard as it is). Its also something for me to look back on in the future (where i'll no doubt be cringing and thinking - did i really write that?). Finally, the whole experience of living in a different culture is something that i think i'll have plenty to say about. So watch this space.

Oh, and one final apology to all my friends/family reading this who know it all already - you never know who may stumble across this page so got to at least give them SOMe background.

And with that, i'll end my first entry. Welcome!